Align Technology Completes Acquisition of Cubicure, a Pioneer of Direct 3D Printing Solutions for Polymer Additive Manufacturing
Align continues to innovate and invest in technologies that enable the next generation of direct 3D printed products, thus helping us create more sustainable and efficient solutions.
The acquisition of Cubicure will support and scale Align’s strategic innovation roadmap and strengthen the Align Digital Platform™. Cubicure will also extend and scale Align’s printing, materials, and manufacturing capabilities for our 3D printed product portfolio which now includes the Invisalign® Palatal Expander system, Align’s first direct 3D printed orthodontic device and a safe, comfortable, and clinically effective* alternative to traditional palatal expanders. Cubicure’s patented Hot Lithography technology uses a special heating and coating mechanism that enables the processing of highly viscous resins to produce particularly tough and temperature-resistant polymers. This high precision 3D printing process facilitates the unprecedented additive manufacturing of resilient components with an astonishing first of its kind material quality performance.
Commenting on today’s announcement,
“Align has invested billions of dollars on innovation over the past 27 years, including next-generation 3D printing technologies to process high-performance polymers,” said
The acquisition closed on
*Based on a survey in
For additional information about the Invisalign system or to find an Invisalign doctor in your area, please visit www.invisalign.com. For additional information about the iTero digital scanning system, please visit www.itero.com. For additional information about exocad dental CAD/CAM offerings and a list of exocad reseller partners, please visit www.exocad.com.
Invisalign, iTero, exocad, Align, and Align Digital Platform are trademarks of
This news release and other information publicly disseminated by us, contains forward-looking statements, including statements of beliefs and expectations regarding expected transaction benefits and synergies as a result of the acquisition, our 3D printing operations and products, and other matters discussed in this press release that are not purely historical data. We do not assume any obligation to update or revise any such forward-looking statements, whether as the result of new developments or otherwise. Forward-looking statements contained in this news release relating to expectations about future events or results are based upon information available to Align as of the date hereof. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements reflect our best judgments based on currently known facts and circumstances and are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions that are difficult to predict. As a result, actual results may differ materially and adversely from those expressed in any forward-looking statements.
Factors that might cause such a difference include, but are not limited to:
- the ability to: (i) realize expected synergies or benefits in connection with the transaction within the expected timeframes or not at all and (ii) timely, cost-efficiently and effectively integrate Cubicure’s business without adversely impacting operations of either Align or Cubicure;
- the effect of the closing of the transaction on (i) Align’s and Cubicure’s relationships with their respective customers, suppliers, strategic partners and competitors and their operating results and businesses generally (including the diversion of management time on transaction-related issues) and (ii) the ability to retain and hire key personnel;
- uncertainties associated with any aspect of the transaction, including those related to (i) fluctuations in foreign exchange rates and transaction costs, and (ii) litigation in connection with the transaction itself or ongoing matters acquired from Cubicure;
- the potential that our due diligence did not uncover risks and potential liabilities associated with Cubicure;
- risks relating to financial reporting including those resulting from the implementation of new or changed accounting policies and practices as well as associated system implementation in the context of the transaction as well as our ability to forecast financial results;
- the potential impact of the transaction on our future tax rate and payments based on the consolidation of the global group and our ability to integrate foreign operations; and
- the potential negative effects of the announcement of the transaction on the market price of Align’s common stock
The foregoing and other risks are detailed from time to time in our periodic reports filed with the