Align Technology Introduces Invisalign Clear Aligners for Phase 1 Treatment of Younger Patients With Early Mixed Dentition
"Early interceptive orthodontic treatment of children aims to prevent more severe problems or alignment issues that could get worse as they grow, while at the same time providing a foundation for permanent teeth to begin to erupt," said Dr.
As a new offering within the Invisalign system, Invisalign First treatment includes the same proven technology, comfort, and convenience, making it possible for doctors to deliver the outcomes Invisalign providers and patients have come to expect and great experiences using Invisalign clear aligners for everyone in their practice, from adults, to teens, and now to younger patients. Invisalign First clear aligners expand on key Invisalign innovations and have been specifically designed for growing patients with early mixed dentition with new and unique features and functionality including:
- The ability to use clear aligners to treat a broad range of malocclusions for Phase 1 early interceptive orthodontic treatment;
- SmartForce® features such as optimized attachments that have been designed for younger patients with shorter tooth crowns allowing for improved predictability of tooth movements needed for developing the arch form;
- The application of SmartStage® technology, which maximizes treatment efficiency by producing the contacts and forces that support the tooth movement needed for arch form development specific to Phase 1 staging patterns;
- SmartTrack® aligner material, designed to fit comfortably while applying gentle, constant force to the teeth; and,
- Improved and expanded Eruption Compensation features that makes it possible to treat erupting or changing dentition.
"Phase 1 treatment makes up 20 percent of orthodontic case starts each year and we're very excited that we can now enable doctors to offer the same benefits of Invisalign treatment to younger patients in their practices," said
"Invisalign First clear aligners enable me to treat my younger patients in a way that is more comfortable for them and more convenient for their parents than traditional methods," said Dr.
Invisalign First clear aligners have been used to treat over 600 patients to date and will be commercially available to Invisalign-trained doctors in
Separately, Align also made two other announcements today. Please see press releases entitled, "Align Technology Expands Invisalign Product Portfolio with New Options and Greater Flexibility to Treat a
For additional information about the Invisalign system or to find an Invisalign provider in your area, please visit www.invisalign.com. For additional information about iTero digital scanning system, please visit www.itero.com.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://resource.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/c2c21964-12a0-4d7f-9004-78c069ebd409
News Provided by Acquire Media